Sunday, February 26, 2012

who let the dogs in and other short stories

We have a dog. Chief is his formal name. Chiefy is his name when he's not annoying me. Asshole is his name when he *is* annoying me. (So much fun around here. Yell "asshole" and both the dog and the husband answer.) I rescued Chief from a shelter about 8 years ago and he's a purebred yellow lab. He's also a lazy purebred yellow lab and because of that, he weighs well over 100 lbs. More than enough dog for our house. My brother-in-law, on the other hand, has two dogs. Two HUGE dogs. On occasion, we get to baby-sit his dogs when they have to go away. Over 400 lbs. of dog in one house. Last weekend was one of those occasions.


Sidney - She's still a PUPPY
Chief - doggie company wears him out
Calhoun - A Louisiana rescue and gentle giant

On the plus side, you don't see any cats the entire time they're here.

**********

So on the same weekend that the dogs were here Tasha asked me if we could take William for the weekend. William apparently comes from vampires. William sleeps all day and stays awake all night. His grandmother on the other hand, prefers her sleeping at night. Germany is 6 hours ahead of us. Tara found me still online when she woke up for the day on Sunday.

"Mom?"

"Don't ask ...."

Another daytime nap
**********

And while on the subject of grandchildren, Tara and the girls are coming home for the month of March courtesy of my mom. Last time they were here we had a list of things to do. We accomplished none of them. 
But because we're persevering like that - read: kinda dumb - we've made a new list. 

Belly piercing for me.
New tattoo for Tara.
A trip to the beach for Claudia. (In March???)
Watching The Help together. No boys allowed.
Counting how many days it takes Ellie to eat the 110 popsicles I bought. (On sale!! 2 bucks a box!!!)
A trip to Granny's Attic Treasures on Ottawa St.
A cupcake bake-off where we'll be pitting online recipes against one another.
A group birthday party celebrating the April births of myself, Tara, Hailie and Claudia.

Stay tuned for how many we get done :)

1 comment:

Tara said...

Deadpan look. I completely forgot it's your birthday as well. I visualized only three cupcakes. Maybe that was foreshadowing since I clearly don't deserve one??? I love you! Happy Birthday! (in case I DO forget!)